Tuesday 24 April 2012

Ethics-Lecture #8





I thought this lecture was great. As much as I disagree with some of the things the lecturer had to say, I thought it was well thought out, we had a great time checking out some pretty funny advertisements, and was pretty thought provoking, which I believe is the sign of a good lecture.

I had a look around that thing they call the interwebs, and found some more interesting billboards.

Check these guys out!



 




This last billboard is exactly what we were discussing in class. Is this ethical or unethical? Is it in good taste, or bad taste?
It makes me wonder who writes these things. Who on earth sells storage by associating it with abortion?!


A curious thing about our lecturer was his personal theory on ethics. He seems to believe in the intrisic goodness of us all, and that we should base our ethics on our inner moral compass. I think it's hard to make such a call, considering the character most of us display on any given day. Not to mention, it puts a lot of strain on ensuring that a society shares the same moral compass.
For the most part, I think Australia has got it pretty right.

Also, I had no idea Britain had no written constitution!!! How interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment